white hatter
Sunday, May 07, 2006
 
My First Few Weeks in the Undertaking of the Profession of Knight-Errant

I have to say, its been a bit of a slog.
Immediately after making the toast of which I have already spoken (and which must really be read first to understand what I say here, and to understand as well the historical accounts that will undoubtably follow as I further my design to resurrect the profession of knight-errant), well, immediately after that, I made out into the countryside in search of a steed.
You see, a knight-errant must have a steed, if for no other reason then that you look rather stupid walking the interstate in armor on foot. Not to mention, in such degenerate times, there is more then a little chance you will be accosted by some ignorants who see not your noble profession but a fellow wrapped in aluminum foil (real armor is quite expensive I've found), and these types of ignorants can be less then kind. The deficiency of foil over hardened steel becomes quite apparent at such times.
So, if only for one's health, a steed is required.
But lord, let me tell you, it is no easy endeavour to find a steed. I have roamed around since the moon was full, looking far and wide for my proper form of transportation. But my god, what frustration! This land is littered with cattle, hogs, and horses, but it is almost entirely bereft of steeds. It is no wonder that the knight-errant has fallen to extinction.
And let me say this! I am not just a little suspicious of this strange extinction. In fact I have a feeling there is some design behind it. At the least, I have some very pointed questions I would like to ask those with such means as to whether there is some grand design that has conspired to bring it about. After all, what better way to rid the world of such a selfless profession then to erase from the earth its transportation.
Well, I write this from a small hotel outside of a town that for all I know has no name. I will continue on my journey from here; my quest for a steed shall not be soeasily deterred. In the mean time, I am given the chance to do some reading, and brush up on the historical accounts of knight-errantry, so that I might be best prepared when I find my ride. I am also reading Thoughts without a Thinker, which I would highly recommend.
But at the bottom is this: I pledge to you, upon my heart, that when I write next it will be upon a faithful steed. Assuming, of course, that wireless will reach that far. Adeiu!
Comments:

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Listed on Blogwise Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com